[AMPS] Another Stupid Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Another Stupid Question
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:47:22 -0800
Isn't there also the issue of the current rating of the blocking cap?
At higher frequencies, the tubes stray C can carry quite a bit RF
circulating current, thus the tank will draw an equivalent amount
of circulating current thru the blocking capacitor (in opposite
phase to the circulating current in the tube C of course). Thus
I would expect the blocking cap may need to carry significantly
more RF current than would be implied by the plate impedance
of the tube if the stray C makes up a significant portion of the
tune C in the PI network (as in a 6 meter amp for instance).

73 de Mike, W4EF...........