[AMPS] Another Stupid Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Another Stupid Question
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:15:37 +0000
Hi y'all, actually where you notice the effect of the plate blocking cap
is on 10m, on my home brew 8877 amp I used a 1000 pf 10 kv cap. that's
the size of a hockey puck. The output on 10m is within 2% of the output
on the other bands. The plate blocking cap. has to handle the
circulating current of the tank since the tube capacitance is in
parallel to the tank cct. Most commercial amps output will be down about
10% to 20% on 10m which is a combination of tank coil size and other
components and plate blocking cap. But then again who notices 1 db on
10m anyway hi hi.

gl es 73 Steve VE3TU