[AMPS] Chassis for HB Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Chassis for HB Amps
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 10:30:21 -0800
"George K. Watson" wrote:

> As for hole cutting, I had spent years with saber/jigsaw and file.
> I will never touch them again after acquiring an inexpensive 1/2"
> chuck drill press and a pair of metal hole cutters that mount to the
> chuck.

Are these the kind with a cutter that slides on a bar?  How thick can the
aluminum be?  What speed do you need to set the drill press at?

Lots of questions!  I've seen these, but I was afraid my drill press doesn't run
slowly enough.

I find that the jigsaw does a decent job of cutting the rectangular holes.  I
drill 3/8" holes in the corners to turn the blade; then I clean them up with a
square file.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA