[Amps] 10 Meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 10 Meters
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:46:55 -0800
Good point.  I do recognize that the majority of JA's actually use "Japan
America..." and it sure gets through, despite being six syllables.

I guess my complaint is more specific, though.  My Filipina XYL, due to her
heritage, has a difficult time pronouncing an L following an R, such as in
"Charles."  It comes out "Charrrs," you never hear the L.  Such are some
Asian dielects, and without professional instruction, this will never be
fixed.  Therefore, if she were a ham (not!), it would be ridiculous for her
to use "Charles" as a phonetic for "C," since she really can't pronounce the
word.  "Canada," or some other word she can pronounce, would be a far better
choice.

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger