[Amps] Muffin Fan on Swan Mark 1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Muffin Fan on Swan Mark 1
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 06:42:28 -0700
Someone at work designed a 240 GHz corrugated horn for
me using internally developed EM computer codes. The
dimensions were sent to a local vendor who direct machined
the corrugations using a CNC lathe. The simulated patterns
agreed with the measured patterns down to the -40dB level.
The agreement between computer simulation and measured
data was in fact remarkable (you could hardly tell the two
curves apart). Of course from what I understand, this sort
of thing is routine for these EM folks.