[Amps] Re: Voodoo "EMF' forces from grid current pulses

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: Voodoo "EMF' forces from grid current pulses
From: n3ji at yahoo.com (Joe Isabella)
Date: Tue Feb 4 09:48:21 2003
All,
The "jumping cables" can also be seen if you've ever jump started a
car.  Watch what happens when the car with the "dead" battery is
cranked.  This is of course a substantial amount of instantanious
current.  Not knowing all the fancy laws, I can only go on empirical
data.  Jumper cables are huge compared to a tungsten filiment.  The
current to make a filiment move must be significantly less.  I've never
autopsied a tube and probably never will, but I **DO** know this: My
TL-922 burned a bandswitch and arced on tune-up constantly (especially
on 75m).  Once I installed the mods recommended by Rich, this baby
hasn't arced, spit, sputtered, or any other term you might be able to
think of.  The physics of a filiment-to-grid short may be "VooDoo" to
me, but simple VHF oscillations and the stabilization/suppression mods
aren't.  And they worked.

Joe,
N3JI