[Amps] Mailing list for parasitic osciallations.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
From: vfrpilot at bellsouth.net (Patrick Riggins)
Date: Thu Mar 13 00:20:26 2003
>The best parasiticide might be to filter out any subject or text body
>containing the letter sequence "parasi".

  I think what the good Doctor is hinting at is why not take this
discussion to email? I enjoy reading the technical points, but when it
degenerates to name-calling and insults, does that really add to the
list?

  I have seen this topic raise its head over and over but I always
read the same things each time. We could program a server to just dump
the archives to the list every six months and you could not tell the
difference. Sure I can filter the posts but they still clog my account
at the ISP until downloaded.

  I am no where near technically qualified to make many posts. Though
I do get tired of reading the same fight over and over again. If I
wanted that I would just read Usenet. I enjoy reading and learning
from everyone that posts. I find the mailing list a lot better source
of information than web pages or the Usenet.

  If you have made your point, then let it stand. If your information
is valid and technically correct, than any amount of arguing will only
serve to point out the ignorance of others. By stating the same point
over and over then adding insults, it starts to hint more of
desperation than a valid and verifiable fact.

Just my thoughts...thank you for your time...

Patrick Riggins KA4ZNU