[Amps] Mailing list for parasitic osciallations.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
From: davek at medphys.ucl.ac.uk (Dr. David Kirkby)
Date: Mon Mar 17 09:25:25 2003
I wish all those who have privately e-mailed me, agreeing with my
suggestion, would make their views known to the mailing list.  It
reminds me of the situation with the local train service to my house. A
lot of people moan about the trains (it's a single track line, so a
small problem can cause havoc). I hear commuters chatting amongst
themselves about the issue. I sometimes ask them if they have ever put
their complaints in *writing*, rather than moan to fellow passengers or
people selling tickets on the train. About 3% admit to doing so, with
the other 97% saying 'no, I must admit I have not done that.' Sending
mail to me personally is about as effective.

I must admit I have come to the conclusion a parasitic-oscillations
mailing list would probably would not work. Those who go on and on about
parasitic oscillations are the people that don't agree with a split.
Hence such people are most unlikely to subscribe to such a list. Those
that do agree with a split would not subscribe to a
parasitic-oscaillations mailing list anyway. So it would be a list with
no subscribers I expect.

Dr. David Kirkby PhD,
Senior Research Fellow,
Department of Medical Physics,