[Amps] Mailing list for parasitic osciallations.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
From: davek at medphys.ucl.ac.uk (Dr. David Kirkby)
Date: Fri Mar 14 11:24:56 2003
Patrick Riggins wrote:

>   I think what the good Doctor is hinting at is why not take this
> discussion to email? I enjoy reading the technical points, but when it
> degenerates to name-calling and insults, does that really add to the
> list?

Agreed.

>   I have seen this topic raise its head over and over but I always
> read the same things each time.

Yep, that is very true.

> We could program a server to just dump
> the archives to the list every six months and you could not tell the
> difference.

Yes, that is very true.

>   I am no where near technically qualified to make many posts.

Nor are most people. Not wishing to sound boastful, but:

a) I have a first degree in electrical and electronic engineering.
b) A masters degree in microwaves and opto electronics.
c) A PhD in Medical Physics, which was highly electronics based.
d) I'm a member of the Institute of Electrical Engineers (MIEE)
e) I'm Chartered Engineer (CEng)
f) Have built several VHF+UHF amps (not HF I admit).

I can't follow most of the arguments, so what hope most people have I
don't know, when electronics is my area of expertise?

> Though
> I do get tired of reading the same fight over and over again.

Me too.

> If you have made your point, then let it stand.

As I said in my other post, it's like religion. People never give up
trying to convince others they are right.

> By stating the same point
> over and over then adding insults, it starts to hint more of
> desperation than a valid and verifiable fact.

Just like religion.

> Just my thoughts...thank you for your time...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to get a bit fed up with hearing about
parasitic oscillations.

Dr. David Kirkby PhD,
Senior Research Fellow,
Department of Medical Physics,