[Amps] RF-110A Help...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RF-110A Help...
From: W0YR at aol.com (W0YR@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 17:37:35 2003
I have an RF-110A and use it in every contest.   It is easily modified for
amateur use.  The most difficult part is making up multi-conductor cables if
you don't have the plugs to connect the power supply and the r.f. deck.

I have two articles:

1.  Converting the amp for amateur use

2.  Correct wiring of the RF-124 power supply.

Just be sure you have an excited that you back down to 6 - 8 watts or you
will have to build an attenuator, which in itself is not difficult.

By the way, this RF-110A has the lowest 3rd order IMD specs of any of the
"big" amps.

I use in in RTTY contests with 1,500 w out all day and all night with no
complaints or failures.

73

Mike
W0YR