Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500

To: wrt@dslextreme.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500
From: Wt8r@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:38:10 EDT
wrt@dslextreme.com writes:

> I'm sure passing a 20-wpm code test would make Rick an expert on
> amplifiers, right?  Ham radio is for LEARNERS, not just for
> experienced engineers and technicians.
>
> Lighten up.
>
> --
> Bill, W7TI

Extreme Bill ............

       I privately I wrote the clueless tech general an e-mail detailing all
of the reasons not to modify an AL-1500 with a second 8877.

       I cautioned him about killing himself since obviously he doesn't have
a clue !!!!!!!!!  What does he intend to do with a 6KW amplifier when he
doesn't have the foggiest idea about it?  Is he going to put another K1MAN
broadcast station on the air?  Is he considering running ILLEGAL power?  Maybe
I coudl
recommend a 5KW Gates commerical transmitter that he could put on the air.

       Are all you fine folk going to endorse his doing this for real?  And
chastise me for his folly?  You people need to get a handle or stop smoking the
weed.

       I'm sure there are many fine no-coders in ham radio but they shouldn't
be encourgaged to illegal things nor should they all be painted with the
broad brush of good guys.

       These moronic statements about CW have nothing to do with ham radio as
the FCC has apparently decided so .......... isn't that right?  It isn't my
deficit that they can't hack the code.

Dave, WT8R