Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500

To: Wt8r@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 07:51:55 -0700
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 10:20:33 EDT, Wt8r@aol.com wrote:

>       Obviously Rick hasn't the foggiest idea of what he is talking about.
>This is one of the dangers, both to Amateur radio and his person, of
>inexperienced people playing with things they know nothing about.

Well, gosh.  I guess people should only play with things they are
completely knowledgeable about.  Of course, one might ask HOW they are
supposed to become knowledgable?

>Perhaps this is some of the great technological treasure trove that
>W5YI was talking about bringing into ham radio through his NO-CODE program.

I'm sure passing a 20-wpm code test would make Rick an expert on
amplifiers, right?  Ham radio is for LEARNERS, not just for
experienced engineers and technicians.

Lighten up.

--
Bill, W7TI