Re: [Amps] Panasonic tube radio

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Panasonic tube radio
From: "lncarman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:05:27 -0500
I have to agree with you Rob. Seems to me that a lot of your modern SS stuff is
RF prong. Almost all the computer audio systems are affected when subject
to strong RF. There's lots of the cheaper AM/FM stereo equipment as well as some mid-range
to high price gear that like to rebroadcast unintelligible garble
from their speakers when subjected to a clean HAM RF transmissions. My neighbor's
TV and computer speakers are like that. They told me so "IN BOLD LETTERS".
I offered to fix my neighbors problem but they haven't accepted my generous offer yet.
But ......! It's ok that their dogs bark all day and night. Dogs are dogs you know.
They are supposed to bark. It's ok if they keep you awake on a crisp night when
you sleep with your window open.
Didn't mean to get off the dog thing ..... sorry.
I had one neighbor accuse me of blowing up his AM/FM boom box he used in his
garage.
To fix my computer speaker problem, I had to completely enclose the audio amp section
in metal to stop the RFI. All other previous attempts using ferrite, etc... failed.

Larry N5BIP

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>