Re: [Amps] Panasonic tube radio

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Panasonic tube radio
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:20:22 -0400
Bill Turner wrote:

Now that tubes have this cachet among audiophiles, regular humdrum tube circuits are costing 10 or 20 times more than they ought to.

That's funny. Back in the olden days, audio purists chased after
"perfect" fidelity. Now that it is achievable way beyond what the
human ear can detect, they want the "old tube sound".

People. Sigh.

I bought an old 1968 ARRL handbook off the net and received it today - I think I read half the book in one sitting without stopping.

I wish I could turn the clock back about 30 years - I feel like i've missed out on the experience of a lifetime. I can't wait to start building from scratch some of the projects in that book using tubes.

73 Jason N1SU