Re: [Amps] 5 kw amps -- why?

To: "George" <gclute@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 5 kw amps -- why?
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:49:37 -0700

On Oct 19, 2004, at 6:27 PM, George wrote:

Yes Mike, we (TBTM) have provided Messr: Riley with the information in those
letters, however the same offenders continue to show up and spew filthy
language at the amateurs and the FCC daring them to take action.

-- The FCC's reaction to Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" is a laugher. PBS has shown thousands of bare mammaries on native Africans, and nobody blinked, however, when an African American singer-dancer showed only one of her's during a Superbowl half-time TV show, Ashcroft blew a main fuse.

I've only found one thing that shuts them up...4 element monoband yagi at 70
foot with a CW practice session. They seem to like the high power CW, as
they get real quiet. If I had more power I'd use it on them.

Oh and for those that presume to think it is illegal, Riley told our group
that is it impossible to interfere with an illegal station.

Interfere with an illegal station that is reporting an emergency and you just might end up modeling nightgowns in the slammer.

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org