Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage

To: "W0UN -- John Brosnahan" <shr@swtexas.net>,"AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:20:57 -0500
> > that fact by requiring different packaging for some regions.  Alpha had
their
> box approved for shipping by UPS from Colorado and we could ship an 87A
> to Florida with no problems. But that same box would not meet the return
> shipment specs from Florida because there had been a long history of
increased
> damage in the Florida region.  So, in order to return an Alpha from
> Florida, it was necessary to place the original Alpha box in a second box.

Incredible.  So the shipper's solution to the "long term problem" was to
burden the customer -- not conduct a root-cause-analysis into the problem.

It's pretty hard to believe that in this competitive age, the leadership of
any shipper would not take ownership of the problem.  Instead, they appear
to be perfectly happy in allowing the abuse to continue once they've been
put on-notice of the problem.

- Paul, W9AC