Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage

To: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:14:27 -0800
A little sideways on this subject.  Recently, due to UPS's near over-the-top
shipping fees, I have been using FedEx with excellent service.  Their (air)
express rates are the same as the brown truck folks, but their ground rates are
at least 30% cheaper with 5 day delivery guaranteed.  The low buck way to do
this, is to go directly to the FedEx shipping center rather than send it off
through the store front people.  Seems to me when the send-it-all-anywhere
types touch the items, its like adding $7.00-$10.00 to the price of getting it
out of town.
Another suggestion: as i fly r/c and have had the occasion to ship some rather
large packages, I have sent them via Greyhound package express.  Drawback here
is you and the guy on the other end must go to the local greyhound depot to
ship out and receive.  But their fees are low and the service is surprisingly
quick.  Am not sure about this next, want to recall they have a $300.00 max
value on items.  Suggest a look-see on that.
73,
Gary... wa6fgi