Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage
From: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:32:36 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2005 1:16:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net writes:
A little sideways on this subject.  Recently, due to UPS's near over-the-top
shipping fees, I have been using FedEx with excellent service.

I wholeheartedly agree. I recently priced sending a large box 24"x24"x20"
cross country. UPS Ground rates were $60 while FedEx Ground rates were about
$30
if you take your package directly to their office at their local depot. I have
never received an item damaged when it was properly prepped and double-boxed
with room for padding in-between the boxes and if they used double-wall
cardboard boxes.  I have received more items than I can count that were damaged
when
they were only single-boxed. Most of the damaged items were packed by someone
that had no inkling at all on how to properly pack an item for safe shipping.
I even received 2 heavy chokes from Peter Dahl that had the mounting ears
bent because they were not properly packed. They used bubble wrap around 40 lb
chokes and single-boxed? I was surprised I thought the folks at Peter Dahl
should know better. 73 Todd WD4NGG.