Re: [Amps] No more HP/Agilent manuals on BAMA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] No more HP/Agilent manuals on BAMA
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:56:33 -0400
What HP-Agilent did there is the most prickish behavior I've ever seen! The
only reason they could be upset is that they still want to try and sell copies
of old manuals! Now if that aint being tight, I dont know what it is. I'll sure
tell um one thing, I'll think twice about buying a new HP or Compaq computer,
and or any piece of test equipment they've made or will make. That's surely
what's known as being low enough to crawl under a snakes belly.

I'll tell you what would really dig at um. Have someone to host the manuals
where copyright laws dont extend. That goes on now with the server for WinMX I
think for downloading music. I think they're home office is on an island
somehwere around the Phillipienes, I cant remember where. I do know Sony and a
few others tried to shut it down, and flat couldn't. If that government dont
accept US copyright law, then the copyright holder is screwed. In HP's case, it
would be deserving, IMHO.

Will