Re: [Amps] Dedicated 220AC Wiring for Amps..

To: monty taylor <montytaylor@texoma.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dedicated 220AC Wiring for Amps..
From: Gary Smith <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:51:08 -0700
Hi Monty and all.
In case you haven't figured out "how-to-do-it," I drove my ground rod into the
Terra
Firma buy placing a 3" pipe nipple with a cap on it over the end of the ground
rod.
  Then I stood on a step ladder and laid into the the pipe cap with a 5 lb.
maul.
Task took all of 10 mins or so to accomplish sinking all save for six inches or
so
of the rod into the dirt. Purists may wince at my next solution ,but... I used
an
old piece of RG-8 with the center conductor tied to the shield to make the run
into
the the shack.  So far, this has kept the stray RF gremlins at bay.
Just thought I'd pass this idea on to you.
73.
Gary...wa6fgi since day one, circa 1968