Re: [Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:12:55 -0500
Mike,

AMEN! You have to use a 4 wire cord if you intend on having access to 120 and
240 vac from the same source. NEC rules does not allow using a neutral for a
hot, plus you need a ground. The NEC actually had a change here recently about
new stoves, etc requiring a seperate ground if I recall.

Best,

Will