Re: [Amps] 87A vs. IC-PW1

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 87A vs. IC-PW1
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:33:49 -0600
I am celebrating my 50th year in ham radio, have held an Extra
ticket since 1959. I first learned to use QSK in 1956 when I
worked lots of traffic nets. And I've been a contester since the
late 50's. I probably made 50K contest Q's before I finished
college 41 years ago! I bought my first power amp in 2004.

QSK is important for at least two reasons. Competitiveness is
certainly one of them. But the other reason I consider CW ops who
don't use it lids is because they are more likely to interfere
with other hams. That has ALWAYS been an important part of being a
good operator, and when we're running higher power, that becomes
increasingly important.

Jim K9YC

--Original Message Text---
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:53:28 EST

In a message dated 2/22/2006 1:52:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,