Re: [Amps] 87A vs. IC-PW1

To: "'Jim Kearman'" <jkearman@att.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 87A vs. IC-PW1
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:03:57 -0500

"A refresher course in logic", I would say that might be in order here.

QSK can be done on SSB as well as CW although no one that I know is set up
to do so, but it can be done between syllables of speech.
My point is then, that because no one does it then according to your
definition of a lid, all SSB operators are such.

The definition of "lid" last I looked meant "poor operator or poor operating
practice". It has little or nothing to do with the type of equipment that is
being operated.

QSK or not QSK has nothing to do with a lid so how does it get into the
discussion of QSK.

I have heard many operators keep calling over top of the DX station when he
is transmitting. That I call "poor operating practice". some may call that
operator a lid. But it has nothing to do with how the station is or is not
equipped. Any one, QSK equipped or not, can avoid doing such things as
evidenced by the many excellent operators on the bands including SSB
operators.
However I will concede there seems to be a bumper crop of non excellent
operators.

73
Gary  K4FMX