Re: [RTTY] DIN stands for....?

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>, amps@contesting.com,"RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DIN stands for....?
From: George Johnson <w1zt@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:03:42 -0500
At 07:16 PM 2/24/2006, Bill Turner wrote:

>Earlier today I was wiring up the 8-pin DIN plug ....
>
>My next thoughts came as the plastic holding the pins in place
>softened as I was soldering them. My pins wandered around and when
>the plastic hardened again, they look like a game of pick-up-sticks.

Bill, I started laughing as I read your description of my own
experience...  Best thing I've come up with in the past 4 years of doing
this is to get a DIN socket and put in on the plug before you do the
soldering.  It will hold those "floating" pins in place.  And I now use
small solid copper wires to bring signlas out of the plug before going to
any stranded cable wires...  what a production.

Good luck and let us know how you like the PRO III.
73, George .. W1ZT