Re: [Amps] Paypal only

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Paypal only
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:44:19 -0400
Jim,

I've never had a problem with the post office helping me. That's why I use
money orders only. I won I think 6 books off an ebay book seller once. I never
thought to check their feedback before I bid (I wish I had). Well, I won all 6
but received only 1. I waited 2 months with one excuse after another after I
had sent in the money order the day after the auction, and they got it in about
3 days. Finally, I turned them over to the post office. I filled out a mail
fraud form, plus where it had been paid with a USPS money order made it worse
on them. In two days, someone had contacted the seller, and they they were more
than happy to send the rest of the books overnight FedEx! I don't know what the
postal investigator told them, but he put the rollers under them really quick.

Now here's what Paypal did to me to make me drop them like a hot potato. I had
some money come into Paypal through some sells I made. They supposed to deposit
that money within 1 week by what they say on their website. I waited the 7
business days, and then wrote some checks for some bills. Every one bounced
like a rubber ball. Paypal waited 15 business days to deposit the money! I
contacted them about it and told them what it had caused. They didn't do one
thing about it, not even a sorry for our screw-up. To me, they should have paid
for each bad check charge they caused. I should have checked my Paypal account,
but had took their word for the deposit time. Before that, deposits were within
3 days, but I waited the 7 to make sure.

All in all, US postal money orders have served me fine, and are the same as
cash. You can get them cashed most anywhere. Why the guy claimed you did that,
I believe he was just a crook no matter what. If he had bought a money order,
in 30 days they will run a trace and reinburse your money if it was lost, or
someone cashed it that shouldn't have. That to has happened to me, and the post
office paid me back every cent.

What I have been watching on ebay about Paypal has not just been those 3 items
I mentioned earlier. I have probably watched 20 items with Paypal only to see
them bring hardly anything, as compared to others who take at least money
orders and cashiers checks. That's just a piece of advice I can offer from what
I've seen lately since I decided to watch this. Your going to run into crooks
on ebay no matter what if you sell anything. I just can't figure not accepting
money orders. If not, or your shakey about them, don't take them if their
feedback is under a certain percentage. That is a good indicator if the buyer
is honest or not.

Best,

Will