Re: [Amps] Henry 8K

To: "'Keith Dutson'" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 8K
From: "Harold Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:32:44 -0400
Dear Keith,

It's all in our definition here of the word "loafing."

( One YL that is intimately acquainted with this station's
   operator has a seemingly unending answer to this...)

When you say "loafing," do you consider transformer
sag, etcetera?

I would consider loafing when an 87A amplifier is first keyed
with a minimum of RF applied and resonance achieved;
not really working yet.  There are many factors, though,
so that's why I ask now.

(Do you remember the Alpha ad with the skeleton
  and cobwebs?)

Hal
W4HBM