Re: [Amps] WLW 500 kW transmitter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] WLW 500 kW transmitter
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:32:48 -0400
Jeff,

If you get the chance, take the tour as I did. You'll be impressed when you see
the modulation transformer, it's a monster. I know the very coils your talking
about that have the shields in between. The coils look to be out of tubing of
some sort. The shielding kind of reminds you of the way shopping carts are
made, hi hi! You'll need to reference some transformer books on this that shows
using pancake coils. I remember seeing something online at a university about
them, but can't remember where. A google search may find them using pancake
coils, etc. I think I have some info here in a transformer book, and will try
to locate the one it's in. To my opinion, those shields will have to be taken
into account on the formulas also. Oh by the way, believe it or not, most of
the book work is missing on this transmitter! Where it went, I don't think
nobody knows.

Best,

Will