Re: [Amps] WLW 500 kW transmitter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] WLW 500 kW transmitter
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:42:49 -0400
Jeff,

I'm glad the book work was dug up. Was the Harris manuals the originals that
were supposed to be missing, or copies that Harris had when it was originally
built? What I had heard was the manuals and maybe the schematics were missing
at the transmitter site. When the place changed hands, things gets moved and
lost. Heh, I would like to see it brought to life one more time. That was one
station that the Queen used to request songs from. The only problem they said
was it drowned out everything in Canada, LOL! If I recall, they did fire it up
for the year 2000 at midnight for a short while. What power they ran, I don't
know. That transmitter reminds me of the old EF Hutton commercials, "When EF
Hutton talks, everybody listens". I'll try to dig the book out tonight I spoke
about. I'm not sure on the K factor your using. Where did you get the factor
you used from?

Best,

Will