Re: [Amps] LK-500 problem

To: Jeff Strailey <liveccam@yahoo.com>, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK-500 problem
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@eon.net.au>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 18:08:16 +0800
My first guess would be the hv metering resistors.

I'm not familiar with the circuit but I would expect that it is a voltage
divider type setup with several high value resistors in series with a lower
value across the hv. The meter sits across the low value resistor. If the
high value resistors go higher in value, as they are sometimes known to do,
then the voltage read by the meter will be correspondingly lower.

Hope that makes sense. I've just finished my second glass of red wine.

73, Alek
VK6APK