[Amps] LK-500 Problem

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] LK-500 Problem
From: edk0kl@centurytel.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:38:47 -0500 (CDT)
Boy did I read that one wrong!

Have you connected both primaries to the input voltage. Again Ohm meter ...

My LK-500B did not have step start so I added one using resistors in each lead
and a double pole relay. My LK-500C has a step start. The "C" uses a 30 ohm
resistor in series with one lead of the primary. Seems to look for 120 volts
only using a single lead (I hate the word phase referring to the black or red
lead, seems inapproriate in a single phase circuit).
Anyway I would look at the primary wiring. The metering resistors are a string
of resistors, don't think that's the problem.
Fan run OK, tubes glow nice and bright??

ed K0KL