Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED

To: Gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:22:50 -0700
On May 30, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Gudguyham@aol.com wrote:

> I was just recalling in my mind another wonderful Dayton Hamvention
> experience.  As I recall all that happened and all that I saw I
> just  remembered this.
>
> AMERITRON JUST ADDED A GLITCH RESISTOR IN THE HV LINE OF THEIR
> AL-82.AL-1200,AL-1500. line of amps.  They are using a Glowbar
> cartridge type resistor
> that "snaps" into place between 2 clips (like a  fuse).

It is never too late to incorporate good engineering practice.

> When I saw this I immediately thought of Mr. Measures.  SOMEONE IS
> LISTENING!

Perhaps someone saw the autopsied gold-sputtered 8877 on my Web site
that was a pull from an AL-1500?

> Still did not recall a parasitic choke though on the Al-1500  MAY
> BE  NEXT??

Every manufacturer that I'm aware of on this planet, except
Ameritron, uses a parasite suppressor on their 8877.  I'm doubting
that everybody else is out of step and only Ameritron got it right.
Just how the AL-1500's designer came to the conclusion that 5000-ohms
of feedback XC at the tube's max freq rating could not cause
oscillation is a mystery.

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r@somis.org