Re: [Amps] Maximum RF output in practical application: 4-250A

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>, zdtech <zdtech@iprimus.com.au>,amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Maximum RF output in practical application: 4-250A
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 15:37:19 +0200 (CEST)
Tom said:
>What we need to do in amateur service is just set a
bandwidth limit. If you are below such a signal level at
3kHz on SSB, you can be doing anything you want in that
3kHz.<
You need a bit more of a spectral mask than just a bandwidth limit to ensure
that Out of Band and Spurious Emissions (defined as per ITU Rec. SM329)
are adequately suppressed. That's why ITU have a 'necessary bandwidth' and an
'occupied bandwidth'. Given that caveat, I agree.
Time was when someone told that they were splattering would do something about
it. These days, too many don't know what to do and don't care.....
73
Peter G3RZP