Re: [Amps] 4CX10,000J / Unwanted emissions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX10,000J / Unwanted emissions
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:23:28 +0100

Mark Hill wrote:

> I hadn't realised the old TS-50 had a good reputation.  Will check
> that out as they are quite cheap radios on the used market now.
I haven't looked up SM5BSZ's site, but the previous post mentions good
IMD. I was raving about my R4C and TS830 phase noise and rx dynamic
range and a friend brought in his TS50 for comparison. In a simple test
of what comes out the speaker when tuning towards a big clean signal, it
had lots too much phase noise for my liking. I imagine the noise will be
the same on tx. Add 10-15dB gain behind it, and it's going to de-sense
your neighbours.

Steve