Re: [Amps] Maximum RF output in practical application: 4-250A

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>,"Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Maximum RF output in practical application: 4-250A
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 17:03:21 -0700 (PDT)
Proclaiming that the bands are always packed all the time is a common error by
those saying 4 or 6k of SSB is selfish & wasteful.  One could make the argument
that a band full of "You're 5-9....QRZ??" over, and over, and over again is a
complete waste of spectrum as well.  Now, I happen to enjoy both rag-chewing
and the occasional contest, so I have that "competative contest gene" in my
blood as well.  I'm willing to call a spade a spade if you are -- if 10 people
ragchewing in a 6kHz segment of the band is a waste, so then is hundreds of kHz
of "you're 5-9...QRZ??".  Surely you can concede that.  Afterall, the only
reason we're here is to learn and have a little fun doing it, right (other than
genuine emergency communications)?

Joe, N3JI