Re: [Amps] Maximum RF output in practical application: 4-250A

To: "Joe Isabella" <n3ji@yahoo.com>,"Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Maximum RF output in practical application: 4-250A
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 17:01:29 -0400
> On the contrary, Joe.  I can prove humans can tell the
> difference between certain letters, words, and sounds with
> 4k of audio that you can't with 2.5k.

That's certainly true with very high S/N ratios on clear
frequencies, assuming the people have normal hearing and
speech.

I can prove the best S/N ratio and readability when signal
levels have less than 20dB S/N ratio occurs when SSB signals
are between 2 and 3 kHz wide, and that the most effective
weak signal communications occurs with about 2kHz bandwidth.

73 Tom