Re: [Amps] Fw: "Tubes 201" - How Vacuum Tubes Really Work

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: "Tubes 201" - How Vacuum Tubes Really Work
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:32:00 -0400
I should have added; On that, I agree it's the only way to make one positive
(for only part of a cycle on a grid driven biased grid). A grounded grid,
cathode driven, cathode at ground potential tube though, I can't see the grid
being positive. Here, the electrons flowing through the tube is varied by the
signal, and those same electrons are what travels to the grid to charge it. In
this case, the grid is being bombarded by electrons. If the grid was less
negative, it world attract electrons until a balance was reached then repel
them. The voltage on the grid could never raise above 0 Vdc as I see it.

Best,

Will