[Amps] Low Pass Filter capacitor ratings for 1.5kw level

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Low Pass Filter capacitor ratings for 1.5kw level
From: mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:27:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,
    OK, after looking on the internet and doing some reading I decided to use
the low pass filter values in the ARRL RF Amplifier Classics book I've got (not
the greatest book but they do have 2 projects with LPF values for all the
bands).  Problem is that both of these LPF filters are for low power projects
(one design uses 6 filters and the other uses 7 filters to cover all bands from
1.8-30mhz).  I plan on using the same values but higher power components.
    Question: For C1, C3, and C5 in each filter what would be recommended
voltage ratings for either silver mica or doorknob to get a 1.5kw (plus
headroom) rating?  I will just use overkill on the inductors by using larger
dimension toroids and guages of wire to get the increased rating.
  73,
  Mike Kendall