Re: [Amps] Low Pass Filter capacitor ratings for 1.5kw level

To: Jim Tonne <tonne@comcast.net>, g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk,Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>, mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>,amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Low Pass Filter capacitor ratings for 1.5kw level
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:47:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
A friend has one of those Japanese rigs that emits white noise all over.  We
fired up my spectrum analyzer and found it did produce a lot of crap.  No
simple cure, and he wanted to use it for Field Day.  I built a couple of mono
bandpass filters and they cleaned up the crap.

He used the rig on Field Day, in his own tent, among other operators.  No one
complained about him.  But, he complained about the others.  He borrowed my
spectrum analyzer and showed them how much crap they were putting out, but no
one seemed to care.  As long as he did not bother them, things were good
enough.

Single band filters are great for Field Day.  They might even be good for the
big amp.

Colin  K7FM