Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...

To: Amplificadores Lineales <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...
From: GGLL <nagato@arnet.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 08:39:49 -0300
Ian White GM3SEK escribió:

> Agreed.
>
> A large chunk of this problem is the creeping habit of sending an
> individual 'courtesy' copy of a reply that is also being posted to the
> list. Many kinds of e-mail software do this by default (unfortunately,
> some would say) and they pick up the originator's address from the
> message header.
>
> Many people (myself included) do not feel the need for that extra copy
> at all. We're going to read your message on the list anyhow, and having
> two copies in the system only invites confusion. You could say it is
> more courteous *not* to send an extra copy.

        I agree, one has to send only one copy. And also disagree with the
"open
full" access to the forum's messages including addresses, by anyone who do a
simple search as Tony said.
        I don't know why, but in this regard I'm lucky. Although I see the amps
reflector address among mine's in the recipients list, I always receive one
message, not two.
        Maybe due to a particular e-mail program configuration or not, but I
see
others reply both the list and the original sender.
        If I hit reply, my e-mail program always replies to the poster not the
list,
so I have to correct the destination address.
        Sorry I went a little OT.

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.