Re: [Amps] solid-state amp "suckout"

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] solid-state amp "suckout"
From: mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:13:30 -0700 (PDT)
Scott,
    The impedence may be different under full load on the output. I have read
on some solid state amplifiers where they have fine tuned the power supply
voltage to achieve maximum efficiency for 50 MOSFET designs.
  Best Regards,
  Mike

ownley <nx7u@cox.net> wrote:
  I have a broadband, solid-state amp that seems to have a large-signal
"suckout". The small-signal gain across the HF band is as expected, 10.5dB
decreasing to 9.5dB at 30MHz. But under full drive, the output at 17m is down
more than 3dB, and at 15m down about 2dB. Input VSWR is <1.5:1 for all bands,
small and large signal. This is just the amplifier modules; no bandpass
filtering is in place.
Any ideas or suggestions?
--
Scott Townley NX7U