Re: [Amps] Mechanical question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mechanical question
From: mike kendall <ke6cvh@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:24:44 -0700 (PDT)
Colin,
    I was wondering if there is a "next size larger tubing" that will fit over
it like telescoping aluminum tubing for antennas.  If there is that would be
the easiest approach for sure. Possibly, if there is not an easier next size up
of tubing I could get a small bit of copper and use a drill press to drill it
out with the right bit then slip it over and solder.  I would have to heat it
up before sliding it over to try to keep the heat stress off the cold plate.
  73,
  Mike

Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com> wrote:
  Hi Mike:

Always trying to do things with the least amount of work, what about using a
coupling that is simply one size larger, then solder onto both lines. That
requires no swaging, only a little more solder, less expense and less work.

73, Colin K7FM