Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE)

To: "Ian White" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, <Gudguyham@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE)
From: "k7rdx" <k7rdx@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:19:27 -0800
Experiance using lackluster theory is risky at best.The point Tom made was
that some of the ceramic tubes work better(Efficiency,stability) at 50mhz
than basicially any of the glass tubes...I agree with this however, glass is
much cheaper at least for now..If ham radio survives the next 20 years or
so,ceramic will have taken over and prices will probably be within nearly
everyones budget..It took me a long time to "let go" of my old 4-1000`s(HF )
and move on to newer ceramic tubes...I`ll never look back but the old guys
did have a cool glow! 73,Jim K7RDX..