[Amps] 3-500z - intermittent filament

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3-500z - intermittent filament
From: <terry@g4amt.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:54:08 -0000
My TL922 is mis-behaving with one tube operating intermittently. Symptoms
were of open circuit filament but valve tested ok with ohm-meter and worked
when refitted. Next power up, tube failed to work. jump soldered link wire
to pins across bases to rule out base connections. Tube worked when pin and
base `encouraged` with screwdriver.
Looks as though previous owner has attempted to resolder the filament pins
and I suspect a dry joint (?) within one or both filament pins.
Is it safe to re-solder the pins ? Anything else suspicious I should be
looking for ?

Many thanks

Terry