Re: [Amps] 3-500z - intermittent filament

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500z - intermittent filament
From: <terry@g4amt.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:18:58 -0000
Thank you to all who responded - lots been here before !
I have resoldered the filament pins of the valve and hopefully that has done
the trick.
Just a couple of observations - the 3-500z s are not marked so I do not know
their origin - maybe originals with this TL922 ?
The pins are riveted over on the tube side of the `former` so they cannot
(?) be removed; they are of `split` construction. The only way  I could
re-solder them was to use a solder sucker to extract the old solder - put a
couple of drips of flux in the hole and re-solder with silver solder;
heating the pin with a mini-blowlamp ...have to say not much fun and not
really a job that you could feel 100% about .... I presume the factory would
have a jig to heat all pins at one time and therefore remove them complete
with the base former.
Thanks again for the help
Terry