Re: [Amps] Relais for an antenna crossover switch

To: "Guido Tedeschi" <guidoted@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Relais for an antenna crossover switch
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:40:23 -0400
> What do you suggest, do you think that would be better to
> use the
> smaller 30A relais (more compact design) instead of bigger
> vacuum relais?

I cannot understand why you need a big vacuum relay unless
switching speed is a problem, or why you need a 30 ampere
relay.

Even a relay like a Tyco RTD140 series will handle 5-10 kW
at HF if you do not hot switch and it has a very short RF
path. I suggest you buy and test a few small relays on 10
meters to establish your own RF rating. Long lead lengths
will hurt anything you try to do. It's all about the RF path
through the relay, not the contact buttons.

73 Tom