Re: [Amps] MLA-2500

To: <n4zed@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MLA-2500
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:25:14 -0500
Hi Ken,

NO amplifier that I've encountered has EVER operated with the loading
capacitor fully-meshed on ALL bands...

Something is definitely amiss, that goes beyond just design, IMHO.

Maximum capacitance at this spot indicates minimum loading. I concur with
what someone else said about first firing the amp into a TRUE non-inductive
52-ohm dummy load, to see what might happen...and try on ALL bands, too.

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

> I suspect something is wrong also but I think it is in the design and not
in any particular component failure. I've done the usual Google search and
found the loading problem is common with this amp.  During the search I have
found no fixes to the problem.