Re: [Amps] 3CX3000A7 input impedance

To: Jim Tonne <tonne@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX3000A7 input impedance
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:09:23 +0100
Jim Tonne wrote:

> I had no problem with the Eimac version of the 3CX3000
> but the Svetlana version made me jump through hoops,
> which I refused to do.
>
> - Jim WB6BLD

What do you mean by "jump through hoops?"

1) The triode page:

http://www.g8wrb.org/triodes.php

has a link to the data sheet (scroll down to where it says Svetlana
3CX3000A7

The link points to http://www.g8wrb.org/data/Svetlana/pdf/3CX3000A7.pdf

2) This page

http://www.g8wrb.org/data/

allows you to browse the data files - useful to find one I might not
have indexed, but not so easy to use it must be said.

Click on Svetlana, then pdf, then the file. Again it ultimately ends up
at http://www.g8wrb.org/data/Svetlana/pdf/3CX3000A7.pdf

I'd like to solve the problem if there is one, but I can't do that
without sufficient information.

I can get the Svetlana data sheet with a simple request on a web
browser, or a command-line tool like wget

kestrel /tmp % wget http://www.g8wrb.org/data/Svetlana/pdf/3CX3000A7.pdf
--17:58:52--  http://www.g8wrb.org/data/Svetlana/pdf/3CX3000A7.pdf
           => `3CX3000A7.pdf'
Resolving www.g8wrb.org... 62.149.36.51
Connecting to www.g8wrb.org|62.149.36.51|:80... connected.
Length: 442,780 (432K) [application/pdf]

ETA 00:00

17:58:56 (120.92 KB/s) - `3CX3000A7.pdf' saved [442780/442780]