Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet

To: AMPS List <amps@contesting.com>, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet
From: jimsmitheguard-a@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 22:59:50 -0700 (PDT)
You should not change the outlets. NEMA 5-20P plugs come installed only on
equipment drawing just under 15 amperes up to 20 amperes. If the equipment
draws this much current, it should have a dedicated circuit. Using NEMA 5-20R
receptacles for general purpose outlets invites you to easily overload the
circuit. All you have to do is plug in two items using this configuration.

Jim Smith, EE
KQ6UV