Re: [Amps] I need transfer switch information

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] I need transfer switch information
From: jimsmitheguard-a@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:51:54 -0700 (PDT)
Ken,
I hope you look a little deeper for answers than just the one or two line
answers you've been getting. This is a complex issue that is the subject of
many white papers. Let me know if you can't find one on the web, and I'll dig
something up for you.

You need to consider whether you want a static, or delayed transition automatic
switch, or a manual switch. You need to consider whether you want a solid
neutral, make before break (overlapping neutral), or an open transition
neutral. There are reasons for each of these, and consequences. Each requires a
different grounding technique.

Jim Smith, EE
KQ6UV