Re: [Amps] 3-500z Silly question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500z Silly question
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:44:59 +0800
According to Eimac, running the filament at 6V AC, which is 20%
higher than nominal voltage, will result in tube life which is just
1.3% of the life expectancy you could expect at 5V AC.

In other words, you lose 98.7% of the tube's life expectancy by
running at 6V AC.

In other other words, don't even think of it.

73, Alek, VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/vk6py